The main purpose of LOS Language Online services (LOS) is to allow LOS consultants to provide LOS students with services that students need. LOS does not screen or edit the content of communications between students and consultants. Such communications are personal and private unless both parties agree to additional distribution. LOS keeps information relayed between the student and the consultant confidential. No other users of LOS have access to this information.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the Czech Republic. Despite preventative security measures taken by LOS, persons may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications and other persons may abuse or misuse personal information that they collect from our site. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
LOS operates the http://www.languageonlineservices.com website (the “Site”). By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Site: Site is the http://www.languageonlineservices.com website operated by Martin Norling, Archeologicka 1881, Prague 5, 15500, Czech Republic, Tax Identity: CZ7705230291
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Site or from the Site infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Service Providers: Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Site and provide services to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- City, Country
- Usage data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, order details, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. If you need to change your information, you can do so by contacting us.
We may also collect information on how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
LOS uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Site
- To notify LOS students and consultants about changes to the Site
- To allow LOS students and consultants to participate in interactive features of the Site when they choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To create and manage the students’ accounts
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that LOS can improve the Site and services LOS offers
- To monitor the usage of the Site
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
LOS may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. LOS aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where LOS Language Online Services relied on your consent to process your personal information.
We may employ third party companies and individuals (“Service Providers”) to provide services on our behalf or to assist us in analyzing and improving our Service. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sides
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.