Marianne Perez de Fransius brings over 15 years of one-on-one instruction. She worked for 7 years with one of New York City’s elite private education companies as a teacher, tutor, regional director and homeschooling director. Aside from helping students learn content, Marianne builds confidence and teaches students valuable study and life skills. Born in Brazil, from a French father and an American mother and married to a Swedish diplomat, Marianne is truly a global citizen and understands the subtleties of cross-cultural communication. When she isn’t teaching languages, Marianne works as a peacebuilder, runs trainings in peace journalism and peace media and maintains the Peace Is Sexy website. She has also launched a lifestyle brand for parents traveling with babies called Bébé Voyage.
Director, Bespoke Homeschooling (2008-2012)
- Coordinated home schooling program of a high-end start-up by interfacing with families, tutors, school board and distance learning administrators. Prepared written materials to promote the program. Research homeschooling market in New York. Develop marketing and promotional materials.
- Homeschooled high school students in English/Language Arts, History, Economics, Spanish and French.
Director, Bespoke Westchester (2008-2011)
- Managed Irvington, NY office. Oversaw expansion up to 15 employees. Ran mock testing program. Hired and trained proctors. Ran study hall for middle school and high school students. Developed client base and increased Westchester revenues by 150%.
- Taught SAT, ACT, ISEE preparation and writing classes.
- Tutored in French, Spanish, History, Economics, Literature and homework skills for middle school and high school students.
- Prepared students for standardized exams, including SAT 2 and Advanced Placement.
French-English Interpreter, Lionbridge (2006-2009)
- Interpreted in French and English for U.S. Federal Immigration Court hearings.
- Specialized in legal terminology and cross-cultural communication with francophone Africans.
French-English Translator (2004-now)
- Translate texts, articles, press releases, annual reports, and websites from French into English and vice versa. Most frequent themes: corporate, event planning, fashion, political science, public health, tourism.
European Project Coordinator, Institut de Veille (2003-2004)
- Coordinated projects funded by the European Commission on injury prevention (€ 400,000).
- Successfully wrote proposal and obtained grant (€ 1M) from DGSANCO (EU Directorate General on Health and Consumer Protection) for project on injury mortality.
- Interpreted for conferences in French and English.
- Translated and adapted scientific, medical, legal and administrative documents in French, English and Spanish.
Private Tutor (1996-2004)
French, English, Spanish and Math Tutor
- Successfully tutored students at the elementary, secondary and collegiate levels to improve their language and math skills.