In 2004 I left U.S. public high school teaching to teach Business English in Prague. Over the next 12 years, I moved to global IT service coordination at McKinsey, earned my EMBA, worked in financial consulting, and started an import business while transitioning back to the U.S.
I have developed websites and performed marketing and distribution for artisan works, doll clothes, chiropractic care, all-wood heating pellets, and the sportsmen’s club where I devote most of my time as an organizational development specialist. Currently, I am writing a new shooter’s training curriculum, helping my father obtain a medical device patent, and growing an elaborate vegetable garden – organic, of course.
Besides my Executive MBA, I also have an MAT in English (BA Philosophy, Literature). I am sympathetic to the difficulties in learning a new language, since languages are not my forte; your struggles are familiar territory. Helping you build confidence would be my great delight!
English Language Consultant, 2004-present
Business English, interview & exam preparation
Financial Consultant, Broker Consulting, a.s., 2011-2013
Insurance, mortgage, & investment schemes for families & commercial entities
Senior IT Service Coordinator, McKinsey&Company, 2007-2011
- Recruiting: interviews, evaluations, social media strategy
- Global Process: rationalization of multi-national processes/policies; software license management
- EMEA Provisioning: rollouts/migrations; provisioning/stock management; end-user conflict resolution
- IT tool prep: alpha/beta testing, implementation, creating/conducting multi-team trainings
English Teacher, Business&Law Teacher, Manheim Township H.S.
- Literary analysis, thesis & research, public speaking; macro/microeconomics; criminal & civil law
- Literary magazine & arts night advisor (dance, speech, drama, & 1300m2 of art)
EMBA: University of Pittsburgh, 2010
TEFL Certificate: Next Level Language Institute, Prague, 2004
Master of Arts: Teaching, Wheaton College, IL, 2001
Bachelor of Arts: Literature, Philosophy; Minors: History, Art, Religion, Wheaton College, IL, 1991